College & Career Center
The College & Career Center is the central location for students and teachers to access career-focused information and activities. Cooperative Education is the concept of bridging the gap between school and work and we have the best Cooperative Education Coordinator in the district!
Cooperative Education Coordinator: Peggy Thomas
Work-Based Learning Specialist: Desiree Wooten
Work-Based Learning Opportunities
Make learning more relevant through the following work-based learning opportunities available through the center:
- Career Exploration and Job Shadowing
- Employment Resources – Job Bank
- Work Experience – up to 2 elective credits (Exploratory and Career Tech Related Work Experience)
- Work Study – 2nd semester senior year
- Business and Industry Presentations
- Resume Preparation – 11th and 12th grades
- Mock Interviews – 2nd semester senior year
- Career Cruising – assessment, career exploration, education
planner and portfolio development
- Nevada Career Information System – career, education, and workforce information
- States Career Clusters – Interest Inventory
Use the Learning Express Library to use programs that will help you prepare for the ACT, SAT, AP Exams, PSAT/NMSQT, TOEFL iBT, and college admissions essay writing.
Seniors! You will be testing on Workplace Readiness Skills in the Spring, so start preparing NOW by going to cte-escr.org.
Super important for Juniors and Seniors! Please read the Eight Things to Know About the ACT Test. Juniors, this test replaces your Proficiency Test, so prepare for this NOW!
|World Affairs Council Las Vegas||http://www.waclv.org/internships.html|
|Asian American Journalists Association||http://www.aaja.org/apply-for-a-scholarship-now/|